Our business grew out of the Dietel family’s collective experience in the giving and receiving sides of philanthropy. Our founder worked as president of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund for two generations. Today, three partners and a full-time team provide counsel to more than twelve clients. Together, we have almost 80 years of experience nurturing long-time relationships with some of America’s most influential families who have trusted our approach to philanthropy.
When you partner with us, you’ll benefit from a uniquely-experienced team who is intimate with where to place your philanthropy to make it most effective. All Dietel & Partners team members have worked in the non-profit sector domestically and internationally. Our senior partners have worked with start-ups and major institutions in the social sector and collectively serve on more than 25 non-profit boards.
- Our clients’ assets range from $40-$500 million+.
- We’ve built grantee portfolios for clients across a wide range of issues and geographies.
- We work closely with over 200+ grantee organizations annually who receive philanthropic resources.
- We have broad networks and affiliations collaborating in philanthropy and the social sector.
- We team with our clients’ investment advisors, trust and estate lawyers, accountants and family offices.
Meet the Team
“One of the things that distinguishes us, as advisors with multiple clients and multiple interest areas, is that we can draw from all and say, ‘Ah, I’ve seen this challenge before.’ We can bring our clients some of that ‘weaving.’” — Tory Dietel Hopps
Director of Operations
Tory Dietel Hopps
“The Dietels bring significant experience as philanthropic advisors and match it with high levels of personal integrity—they do the right thing. They’re the salt of the earth.”